Power Fargo May Athlete of the Month
Age: 17 years old
School: Lisbon High School
Sport(s): Participated in Volleyball and Track (Middle Distance)
Program(s): Previously in the Return to Performance Program; currently in the Small Group POWER Training Sessions – 60 minute sessions
- Began training at POWER in February of 2016
- Very coachable – willing to listen, work hard, and give her best effort
- Honor Student at Lisbon High School with a 4.0 GPA
- Will attend NDSU next year and majoring in Geosciences
- Involved in Jazz Band, Marching Band and Academic Olympics
- Enjoys hiking, fishing, and playing the piano
Roxanne Newman, MD
Power Fargo April Athlete of the Month
Age: 55 years old
Department: Sanford Fargo Heart and Vascular Clinic
Specialties: Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Services: Robotic Surgery and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Hard working, focused, and spirited.
- Rarely misses a workout session despite her busy and stressful schedule.
- Arrives at 5 AM with energy and ready to start her day with an intense workout.
- Currently training for a half-marathon; even with a busy work and on-call schedule, she finds a way to get in her mileage.
Power Fargo March Athlete of the Month
Age: 25 years old
Sport(s): Football (Linebacker)
Program(s): POWER Combine/Pro Day Preparation Training; formerly in the Return to Performance and POWER Physical Therapy programs.
- Former NDSU Bison Linebacker
- Member of 4 FCS National Championship Teams (2011-2014)
- MVP Player of 2011 National Championship Game
- Preparing for NDSU’s 2017 Pro Day this March
- Has transitioned from physical therapy at POWER, through the Return to Performance Program, and onto POWER training.
- Extremely hard-working, committed, and motivated