Sanford POWER Aberdeen is located at Aberdeen Central High School. We offer summer training sessions for middle school and high school student athletes in the Aberdeen area. In addition, we offer strength and conditioning support for Aberdeen Central High School athletes throughout the school year. The goal of the program is to prepare young athletes for safe competition by focusing on developing flexibility, coordination, balance, strength and speed. Training sessions mimic the sport’s specific demands.
- Strength & conditioning (both in-season and out-of-season)
- Return to performance
- Concussion testing and return to play services
- Running assessments
- Sports physical therapy
- Sports nutrition
2018 Summer Program
The 2018 Sanford POWER summer program in Aberdeen is for student athletes entering grades 6-12.
- Student athletes entering grades 6-8 are eligible in a 4-week program, tailored to provide foundational movement education, to prevent future injury.
- Student athletes entering grades 9-12 are eligible to enroll in the 8-week comprehensive strength and conditioning program.
Dates and fees:
- Initial testing for all athletes will be May 30 at the NSU Barnett Center.
- Final testing will be July 31 at the NSU Barnett Center.
- 4-week program for grades 6-8 runs June 4 – June 29 or July 9 – August 3
- Early bird (paid by March 15): $80
- After March 15: $110
- 8-week program for grades 9-12 runs June 4 – August 3
- Early bird (paid by March 15): $160
- After March 15: $190
- Early bird family rate (any combination of athletes/sessions, paid by March 15): $300
- Family rate after March 15: $330
Registration forms are available online or at Sanford Aberdeen.
Forms and payment should be returned to:
Sanford Aberdeen Medical Center
2905 3rd Ave SE
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Sam Herauf is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and Certified Personal Trainer through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He also holds a certification as a Level 2 Sports Performance Coach through USA Weightlifting. Sam earned his Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science with a minor in Coaching from Dickinson State University where he also participated in football and track and field. In May 2017, he received his Master’s degree in Human Performance and Leadership from Northern State University. Originally from Dickinson, ND, Sam currently serves as the Strength & Conditioning Coach at Aberdeen Central High School, where he designs and implements training programs for the school’s many athletic programs. He is also an assistant Strength and Conditioning coach at Northern State University. In his free time, Sam enjoys weight lifting and strength training, following the same principles he implements for his athletes. He enjoys working with athletes of all ages.
Tanner Wolf is a board certified Athletic Trainer. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from South Dakota State University and completed an internship at the University of Alabama working with the Crimson Tide football team. In 2016, Tanner received his Master’s degree in Health & Human Science from Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. During his time at Washburn University he worked as a Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer for men’s basketball and baseball. Originally from Pierre, Tanner enjoys the opportunity to help youth and high school athletes develop, while preventing sports-related injuries.
Jordan Shangreaux is a board certified Athletic Trainer and member of the National Athletic Training Association. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from South Dakota State University. He has worked with the Jackrabbits football, women’s basketball, and baseball teams, and completed local high school outreach. In 2015, Jordan earned his Master’s degree in Kinesiology & Sport Science from the University of South Dakota. During his time in Vermillion, Jordan worked with Coyote football, track & field, swim & dive and volleyball teams.