AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Our facilities in Fargo, Sioux Falls and Grand Forks have the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®, which utilizes NASA technology to reduce gravity’s impact by allowing athletes to select between 20 percent and 100 percent of their full body weight when using the machine.
This innovative treadmill is a game changer in both training and physical therapy rehabilitation. It helps a broad spectrum of people – top athletes, orthopedic and neurologic patients, pediatric, geriatric, and those looking to lose weight – to achieve their personal health, wellness, or performance goals.
The lessened gravitational forces allow people all ages and experience levels to:
- Train without pain and reduce stress to joints and muscles
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Maintain fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Lose weight safely and exercise more intensively
- Push training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
Kathy Stompro, an athletic trainer with Sanford Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, recently referred a teenage track athlete with tibial stress syndrome to Sanford POWERto train on the treadmill.
“The AlterG provided a more real-life training experience,” says Stompro. “We generally do a pool or bike workout to maintain cardio, but the treadmill allowed the athlete to actually run without pain.”
The treadmill is being used by top sports professionals all over the world including LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, and closer to home, the Minnesota Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves. Some of the world’s top runners also utilize it for overspeed training to enhance their race times and work on agility, stamina and speed.
Incorporating the AlterG into your training or sports injury rehab program will enable you to:
- Build confidence
- prolong your career with less impact on the body
- maintain cardiovascular fitness during rehab
- run longer
- recover faster
The professionals at Sanford POWER can give you a training workout for marathons, half marathons and other distances and help you incorporate this into your strength and conditioning regimen.
Call your Sanford POWER physical therapist, strength and conditioning coach or athletic trainer about the benefits.