At Sanford POWER we provide access to comprehensive functional, physiological and biomechanical evaluations. These evaluations are for anyone who is looking to improve his/her physical performance, or for musculoskeletal injuries. Our experts work one-on-one with the athlete to develop an individualized program to help achieve his/her specific performance goals. Please note that some services are not yet available at certain POWER locations.
All sports require dynamic movement and our bodies are willing – but not always able – to perform. That’s why proper recovery is essential to improve performance. We want to help you recover faster and perform at your best while decreasing muscle fatigue and soreness. Services include:
- Movement and Mobility Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Blood Flow Restriction (BFR)
- Recovery Nutrition
- Normatec Recovery System
This innovative treadmill is a game changer in both training and physical therapy rehabilitation. It helps a broad spectrum of people – top athletes, orthopedic and neurologic patients, pediatric, geriatric, and those looking to lose weight – to achieve their personal health, wellness, or performance goals.
The lessened gravitational forces allow people all ages and experience levels to:
- Train without pain and reduce stress to joints and muscles
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Maintain fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery
- Lose weight safely and exercise more intensively
- Push training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
Concussion-Return to Play
Concussion-Return to Play
- (C-RTP) program offered through
- is an athlete-focused approach to safely return concussed athletes back to their sport of choice. The program consists of at least four visits to a
- Center. Athletes in this program are carefully supervised and evaluated by sports medicine staff trained in concussion management and evaluation to determine readiness to return to full sport participation.
Return to Performance Program
- The Return to Performance program is an innovative and injury-specific program for athletes, of all levels, recovering from an injury or surgery. It is coordinated and collaborative care between the POWER Center’s Return to Performance staff and physical therapy. This program transitions an athlete from completion of physical therapy to fully returning to performance. The Return to Performance program integrates the philosophies of functional rehabilitation with those of sports training. The result is an individualized program which develops dynamic stability and provides for a safe return to performance activities.
Sport-specific nutrition interventions can help an athlete maximize power and endurance, as well as overall health and performance. Interventions, often times, include an assessment of daily eating patterns, 3-day dietary analysis, and an assessment of nutrition tactics used during training and competition, including preparation and recovery.
Through a one-on-one consultation with a sports dietitian, individualized strategies to maximize training and performance are developed. The dietitian also helps the athlete accommodate any specific allergies or chronic health conditions he/she may have. The goal is to help each athlete effectively fuel his/her body for optimal performance and health.
Research suggests that anxiety or depression in current elite athletes is 34% according to a report from the British Journal of Sports Medicine. In contrast, the prevalence of any mental illness for adults in the U.S in a given year is 20%.
Disappointment is a part of sports. Many of the benefits of competition can be connected to the way the occasional failure can help in the development of coping skills. It can be a valuable piece of the sports and mental health narrative.
Call (701) 757-8900 or contact us below to schedule your testing today.