RETURN TO PERFORMANCE
If you’re recovering from an injury, partner with the experts at Sanford POWER. We offer innovative and injury-specific programs that support you from the time of your injury through recovery.
What makes our program unique is our coordinated care. The Sanford POWER return to performance team collaborates with the experts at physical therapy. We help you transition from physical therapy to fully returning to performance.
We combine functional rehabilitation with sports training. The result is a program that empowers your to safely return to the activities you love.
• Provides athletes of all activity levels the opportunity to work on functional rehabilitation and sport-specific drills
• Returns athletes to their full motor potential by rehabilitating the injury, re-training for sport-specific skills and providing the necessary tools to maintain general fitness, strength, flexibility and movement
• Develops motivation to successfully adhere to rehabilitation protocols and reach performance goals
• Informs athletes how to prevent re-injury
• Incorporates balance, coordination and functional strengthening drills
• Teaches athletes to control their strength and coordination while focusing on skills such as running, cutting, jumping, throwing and more
• Introduces components of impact and change of center of gravity and direction of movement
• Focuses on agility, plyometrics, speed and strength at progressively higher levels of performance, intensity and complexity based on each athlete’s needs
• Emphasizes specific movements and skill requirements for return to performance
• Instructs athletes on how to adapt to a diverse range of movement challenges
Return to Play Evaluation
The return to play evaluation assesses an athlete’s biomechanics as it relates to running, jumping and cutting to determine their readiness to return to play.
The evaluation consists of six motor skill tests captured by high-speed video cameras. We then objectively quantify the athlete’s level of risk for injury or re-injury using markers of hip stability, pelvic stability, hip strategy, trunk stability and shock absorption.
Athletes must complete physical therapy and get their physician’s approval before starting the return to performance program. To schedule a consultation, call (701) 757-8900.
2800 S Columbia Rd Space 112
Grand Forks, ND 58201