Sanford POWER Runner’s Clinic
Step up. Step forward.
Running is essential for so many sports and activities, but our bodies don’t always perform at the level we want. The Sanford POWER Runner’s Clinic in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, can diagnose, treat and prevent running injuries in athletes of all ages and abilities.
Visit the Runner’s Clinic at the Sanford POWER Center in Sioux Falls, located at 2215 W. Pentagon Place. Call us today at (605) 312-7840.
A team to train you
Our integrated team of sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, exercise physiologists, strength and conditioning coaches, and athletic trainers can help you achieve your specific running goals. Combined with our state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and technology, our comprehensive program is unparalleled in the region.
A program like no other
Whether a new or experienced runner or recovering from an injury, we will connect you with the correct type of specialist. Those with injuries will see a physical therapist for an injury evaluation, whereas performance evaluations are completed by our athletic trainers.
At the initial visit, one of our athletic trainers or physical therapists gathers information about your health, training and injury history and performs a comprehensive physical exam. This exam tests your strength, flexibility, muscular imbalances and pain. Once these are identified, we will work with you one on one to overcome your limits and reach optimal performance faster.
We use high-speed 3D cameras and a force-plated treadmill during your running assessment to provide precise data about your running form. The detail shows you what factors may be contributing to your injury or how to improve your running performance. Our running experts will use the recorded data to develop a comprehensive and personalized plan to return you or propel you to optimal levels of performance.
3D running analysis package
Through a unique 3D running analysis, our experts can evaluate your specific needs and create a personalized program that includes:
- One-on-one performance assessment with a sports specialist or injury evaluation with a physical therapist
- Running evaluation on our force-plated treadmill
- 3D motion capture
- Follow-up appointment to go over results, running report and treatment options
- Comprehensive report of results
- Personalized treatment plan
Program equipment and specialists
- New force-plated treadmill
- Alter G treadmill programming
- 3D motion capture
- POWER strength and conditioning for runners
- Recovery and body maintenance services
- Athletic trainers
- Exercise physiologists
- Physical therapists
- Nutrition and hydration
- Fitness testing: VO2, lactate threshold
- Heat acclimation training
Your Running Style: Get an Athletic Trainer’s Advice
Sanford POWER sports physical therapy now offers online video running analysis. This service is for runners looking to improve their running form and prevent injuries. Submit videos of yourself while running to receive a comprehensive analysis from our specialists. You’ll get personalized running tips, recommendations and exercises to help you avoid unnecessary injuries or pain.
- Submit three running videos, each 5 to 10 seconds long: one from the front (full body), one from the side (full body) and one from the waist down
- Wear fitted clothing with your shirt tucked into your shorts
- Send videos with a brief explanation of any questions you have
To get started, email email@example.com to request an online running analysis. This service costs $49.
Disclaimer: The online running analysis service is not available to runners who are currently injured or unable to run due to pain.
For more information about the Runner’s Clinic, contact a Sanford POWER Center in your area or check out our performance services page.
2215 W. Pentagon Place
Sioux Falls, SD 57107